Friday, October 30, 2009

I'm sure he wouldn't. Not during a tech rehearsal.


I LOVE THEATER!!!

I married an actor and his friends are actors and they are all in the Anderson County (KY) Community Theater production of "Jekyll and Hyde". Every time I think about it I get the giggles! I'm just so proud of the guys I could just bust!

First let me explain....no is too much. Let me sum up! Four couples hang out together a lot and when one does something they want the others to get in on it too. Because no one should be left out. So when Kenneth tried out for the musical back in September and got the lead he thought that the other musketeers should get involved too.

First up: Nick, who did theater when we lived in Nashville, was asked to try out and he got two small parts and the stage manager job (Nick isn't a real strong singer).

Next up, Bryan, who did some musical theater in high school, was asked to try out and got the part of Simon Stride, one of Dr. Jekyll's rivals in love.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, Hank did not want to get involved with this particular stunt. Theater is not a big interest to Hank. But, he was willing to go see the show and get his giggles. But, three out of four ain't bad.

This show is so much fun!! I know the guys had a blast doing it and the wives have had a lot of fun watching it It is a serious show and Kenneth does a GREAT job of the dual personalities of Jekyll/Hyde but I just get such a case of the giggles because he is so good! Kenneth is charming and wonderful as Jekyll and REALLY delightfully creepy when he is Hyde which I guess is the point it is just so great to see someone working so hard!!! The two female leads are incredible...there are no words to describe Tegan Hanks as Lucy. You really just have to be there and let your eyes tear up and your heart break when she sings "Someone Like You".

As wives watching the show together, Dana and I comfort each other as Lindsay's husband murders our husbands. And helped Lindsay cheer as her loving adorable husband rips his shirt open in agony. During one show, Kenneth is so into the part that he accidentally rips the shirt too far and Dana and I couldn't help ourselves we had to cheer big for that one!!

It is always nice to get your money's worth.







1 comment:

  1. Hank likes theater and even musical theater...he just isn't into acting in musical theater! LOL

    ReplyDelete