Friday, November 20, 2009

Great balls of fire. Don't bother me anymore, and don't call me sugar.

FRIDAY'S FAVE FLICKS


In honor of the 70th anniversary DVD release of Gone with the Wind, this weeks Friday's Fave Flicks presents your top five classic romances. Now to clarify, these don't have to be CLASSIC necessarily just romantic movies you can't get enough of. As always, I'll start us off...




1. An Affair to Remember - I will always love this movie. The chemistry between Grant and Kerr is just dreamy. It has been redone several times but this one is still the best in my book.



2. Out of Africa - Two words, Redford & Streep...nuff said




3. The Way We Were - This movie always make me cry...it is a sad commentary of what our world is coming to....




4. Casablanca - no explanation needed......




5. Titanic - I know this is over done and most people are tired of it but I just love it when he says "Want to go to a real party...."


Once again guys, I've showed you mine....now you show me yours. Let the games begin


6 comments:

  1. You now this is so ungirl of me but I hate the movie The Way We Were! But I am so good to go with all the rest. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay -- first my comments on yours, then my top 5.

    1) An Affair to Remember -- Pretty darn good, but Sleepless is better :)

    2) Out Of Africa -- This used to be in my top 3, until I realized how cruel is the selfishness of Denys Finch-Hatten, and how little like real love is his relationship with Karen Blixen.

    3) The Way We Were -- I'd rather see this as a spoof with Mike Myers and Owen Wilson. That's how much I hate this movie.

    4) Casablanca -- ahh... sheer beauty.

    5) Titanic -- ahh... excellence.

    Now MY top 5:

    5) Titanic
    4) Casablanca
    3) The Remains of the Day
    4) The Apartment
    5) Last of the Mohicans -- Nathaniel and Cora striving side-by-side is one of my favorite depictions of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you realize you put 5 4 3 4 5? What are your #1 and 2 picks...,oh yeah, toe pick, that was a good one also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just noticed that too.....I forgot about The Apartment. Yes, Doug can read

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are wonderful pics!! I also LOVE the notebook. =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's a movie I don't think many people have ever heard of called "A Beautiful Life." It's set in Italy back in WWI times (or was it WWII?). Anyway, it is incredibly moving and sweet, though it's not a classic romance. I love An Affair to Remember and So I Married An Axe Murdererer.

    Just kidding about Axe Murderer. Nick's comment had me thinking about Mike Myers. :) Shrek's a good one, though!

    ReplyDelete